Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Simple and complicated

Tonight's scenario is as simple as this:
If the Golden State Warriors defeat the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Garden tonight, "the Dub" will end a 12-year-old NBA playoff drought.
My native Bay Area is abuzz with the possibility.
I am listening to the "Murph and Mac Show" on KNBR 680 (San Francisco) live online right now, and the hosts just spent 17 minutes talking about the excitement surrounding the Warriors.
(Now, however, they are talking about the HORRIBLE BULLPEN of the last-place San Francisco Giants -- OUCH!)
Tonight's scenario is as complicated as this:
Our 5-1/2 year residence in Oregon resulted in the Blazers becoming my FAVORITE NBA team.
So...
Part of me wants to root against Portland tonight.
Actually, a Portland loss would help enhance their chances of getting Greg Oden or Kevin Durant.
So...
Maybe two parts of me want to root against Portland tonight.
I don't know. I don't think I can honestly root against the Blazers.
Let me put it this way instead: I won't loudly mourn a Portland loss tonight.
I would like to see "the Dub" extend their season.
POSTSCRIPT:
The Warriors got the job done.
Baron Davis scored 12 points to go along with 10 rebounds and 14 assists and Golden State beat Portland, 120-98.
"The Dub" opens the first round of the NBA playoffs Sunday versus Dallas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home