Saturday, January 27, 2007

Song about a wooden Indian, interview with a fishing celebrity

Fishing celebrity?
Indeed!
I had to work today and my assignment was to interview professional bass fisherman Roland Martin.
A member of the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame, Martin was in town for an appearance at event geared towards outdoors enthusiasts.
Martin seemed like a nice guy, and I could tell fishing was a true love of his life.
I suppose that is to be expected of a 19-time fishing tournament champion and a guy who has hosted a fishing program on television for the past 31 years.
One of my favorite songs played on my iPod as I drove back to the office from the interview: "Kaw-Liga" by Hank Williams Sr.
"Kaw-Liga was a wooden Indian, standing by the door/
He fell in love with an Indian maid, over in the antique store/
Kaw-Ligaaaaaaa."
It's both a funny and sad song, and Williams' singing in it is actually superb.
I sang along as I tried to organize my thoughts after the interview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home