Friday, January 26, 2007

Off and running, thanks to ______

ROUTE 1 needed help getting going some days this week, prompting the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What music got you going this week?"
Kerstin H. -- Hip hop.
Rick T. -- Country music, of course!
Annika H. -- Trace Adkins' "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk."
Brian C. -- "Bear Down Chicago Bears."
Mike M. -- "Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits" and "Excelsior Classic Gold Violin Encores." Earlier this month, "The Old Durham Road" by Jez Lowe.
Lisa Y. -- Bebo Norman. His newest CD.
Mike D. -- Last weekend, when my kids were singing and dancing to "Push it to the Limit" from "Jump In" (Disney's follow-up to "High School Musical"), I said, "Oh yeah, watch this!" and tried to bust a move with a 1980s' break-dancing routine. I was just thankful I didn't break a hip.
Erik H. -- It's got a lot of the trappings of a 1970s' funk workout -- including synthesizers -- but Herbie Hancock's "Head Hunters" still sounds as fresh to me today as it did all those years ago.
I think the secret to this great album's success is in the drumming. Harvey Mason created his own funky drum patterns for this album, and if they sound vaguely familiar, it is only because every funky drummer to come along since Mason has swiped them wholesale. These funky beats got me going this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home