Thursday, January 18, 2007

"American Idol" antidote

The girls have become addicted to "American Idol" -- much like the rest of the United States, I am afraid.
After last night's episode ended and the girls went to bed, I cleansed my ears of all of that BAD SINGING by watching Richard Linklater's excellent "Dazed and Confused." Mitch Kramer (Wiley Wiggins) is pictured above.
KISS, Black Oak Arkansas, Foghat and others provide songs for the excellent soundtrack. Linklater reportedly spent one-sixth of the film's budget on acquiring the music rights for the film. It was money well spent. I was humming those songs -- not the "American Idol" butchered songs -- as I went to bed.
IN MEMORY:
I learned this morning that James "Pookie" Hudson has passed away, age 72. Hudson led The Spaniels, one of the pioneering R&B groups. Their 1954 classic "Goodnight, Sweetheart, Goodnight" reached No. 24 on Billboard's Top 40 and No. 5 on the R&B chart. It's become a timeless classic. Hudson was a true original.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home