Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Feed a cold, ROCK a fever

A head cold has plagued me the past two days.
Today, I filled my stomach with chicken noodle soup and filled my ears with "The Slider" album by T.Rex.
I guess you could call it "comfort music."
Yes, I felt rather miserable, but at least some of the catchiest music ever made was helping me cope.
I was returning to the office from covering an outdoor event when the CHUGGING classic "Chariot Choogle" came over the car speakers:
"Girl you are a groove/You're like the planets when you move."
I'll never understand what Marc Bolan really meant in his songs, but he sure sounded convincing.
"I'm riding in the rain/Got my blue suede shoes/Gonna give up all my pain and go oooo yeah!"
Right on! And please pass the Kleenex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home