Friday, January 05, 2007

The past year's most memorable moments

We are five days into the new year and ROUTE 1 readers are answering the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What was your favorite musical moment of 2006?"
Mike M. -- My favorite musical moment of 2006 was when The Hogtown Stompers jammed under the rotunda at Carnegie-Stout Public Library on April 6. According to the Stompers, a jug band from southwest Wisconsin: "We play the funnest music ever invented. If you aren't dancing when the Stompers play, your knee's broke or you're passed out in the corner." Listen online here.
Kerstin H. -- We were at Lake Tahoe and singing bits of all of these different songs.
Mike D. -- My favorite musical moment of the year was watching my 7-year-old son overcome his anxiety to perform (at least in my mind) a flawless rendition of "Prelude on the C Major Chord" at his piano recital at Kennedy Mall in December. I was so proud as he stood up to take his bow.
Dave B. -- Green Day in concert. It freakin' rocked.
Inger H. -- In January, I think it was, Mark and I went to see Matt Pond PA, both of us sick, sick, sick with awful head colds. We spent most of the night leaning against one of the few poles on the floor of Slim's 'cause we were so exhausted, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. They were great.
Brian C. -- Attending my second Doobie Brothers concert in 29 years, in June, at Wolf Trap National Park near Washington, D.C. Most likely, I'll see the Doobies again in June 2007, when they come to Dubuque.
Rick T. -- Meeting Charlie Daniels and having him sign my guitar. I now have 10 autographs on this guitar and photos to prove it.
Erik H. -- June 14, Reno, Nev. I dropped Jill and the girls off at a Super Target and I drove over to the Tower Records (R.I.P.) to purchase the wonderful, two-disc compilation "Studio 1 Ska Bonanza." As I am driving, I am repeatedly playing Freddy McKay's "Love is a Treasure," on the "Story of Treasure Isle" compilation. Sunny skies, 71 degrees, and I am singing along at the top of my lungs to one of the all-time classic songs -- a song that reminds me why I love music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home