Sunday, December 31, 2006

Year in highlights is so easy this year

What was the highlight of my year?
That's too easy.
On June 9, we began a western vacation that meant much more to me than a simple getaway.
For about two weeks, I was finally able to share aspects of my Bay Area upbringing with my family.

We spent time in San Francisco and Reno, with a memorable side trip to Lake Tahoe. We ate at the finest restaurants -- here's to you, Clay Oven in San Francisco and Bella Sera in Reno -- and dined on SF-style burritos on the beach. We spent a wonderful time with my sister, mom and step-dad.

We walked across the Golden Gate Bridge and the girls enjoyed their first Major League Baseball game (Pirates 7-5 over the Giants, but at least the garlic fries still rock). We fully explored Japantown, spent a morning relishing the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building with the best-possible guide -- my worldly sister Inger -- attended a Reno magic show and drove my godfather's boat past the gazillion-dollar homes lining Lake Tahoe at Incline ("Income") Village.
But most of all, we experienced the West together. It's always been the most important place on Earth for me. This year, I was finally able to show my family *WHY* it is so important.
Happy New Year everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home