Friday, December 22, 2006

Finally in the Christmas spirit

I listened to BBC Radio 5 Live online this morning.
After discussing the future of the English cricket captaincy, the presenters discussed what makes a Christmas song "great."
They touched on everything from "Fairytale in New York" by The Pogues with Kirsty MacColl to centuries-old carols unique to certain English villages.
Suitably inspired, I crafted a 15-song Christmas playlist for the iPod this morning. We listened to it while Jill wrapped the final holiday gifts.
I included some Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra and Gene Autry (no one has ever bettered the original "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"), as well as more modern productions -- by the Darkness, Queen, Slade and others.
I have got some pre-Christmas errands to run this afternoon, so now I have the perfect soundtrack to accompany my travels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home