Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Black ice in the Bay Area

I am working a slightly later shift today, so that I can let the carpet cleaner into the house.
We have been feverishly preparing our place for an influx of Christmas visitors, and the carpet is next on the extensive "to do" list.
So... I have been listening to KGO AM-810 live online. It's got the most comprehensive Bay Area news, and I often listen whenever I feel a pang of homesickness.
Today, the news focuses on a rare cold snap, with low temperatures threatening to dip to record levels and black ice snarling traffic during the morning commute.
My family visited last Christmas, but is unable to come this holiday season, so my homesickness will probably grow as Dec. 25 nears.
I'll probably be listening to more KGO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home