Saturday, November 04, 2006

Turn up the volume, vacation is OVER

I returned to work today with the blaring sounds of vintage U.K. punk rock.
My week's vacation ended with a P.M. shift at the newspaper. I had to interview actors and actresses who had locked themselves into a vacant warehouse as part of a "24-hour theater project," one of those events when the drama types conjure up plays -- "from page to stage" in a day.
I rebelled against the return to work by TURNING UP the volume on my "Anarchy Plus" playlist on the iPod -- 89 U.K. punk rock songs so obnoxious, that my 11-year-old, Green Day-loving daughter Kerstin even complained about them. Take THAT, Billie Joe.
I drove home to "Neat Neat Neat" by The Damned, "Tommy Gun" by The Clash (what a great song) and "Suspect Device" by Stiff Little Fingers.
Hey... If you have to return to work following a vacation, you might as well go down swinging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home