Monday, October 30, 2006

KGO, the Blazers and the sweet air of FREEDOM

The air just tastes sweeter when you are on vacation. Did you ever notice that?
I am noticing that phenomenon today, the first day of a week's vacation.
My mom and step-dad are visiting from Reno, Nev. Yesterday we toured nearby Galena, Ill. Today, they will be eating lunch at the girls' school.
I have spent my morning with no work commitments listening to KGO radio live online, tracing the routes of the Bay Area's worst morning traffic tie-ups on a map with my finger.
I have also been reading Oregonian newspaper staff blogs about the Portland Trail Blazers.
It is certainly not fashionable to admit, but the Blazers are my favorite NBA team -- five-and-a-half years of living in NBA-obsessed Oregon helped push my over the edge into Blazermania.
Portland opens the season Wednesday in Seattle. This year's Blazer team is young but holds much promise... Brandon Roy is tabbed by many "experts" to be this year's Rookie of the Year.
One of the top players in the preseason has been Ime Udoka. The Portland State product has averaged 13.5 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.8 assists in four preseason games.
The Blazers will probably still finish in last place this year, but watching them improve will be fun. Next season? Look out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home