Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday Question says: "Get well soon"

An extended member of the ROUTE 1 family of blog readers recently experienced a frightening hospitalization.
This week, ROUTE 1 asks the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What would be a good "get well" song for this person to hear?"
Rick T. -- "We'll Sing in the Sunshine," I believe by Gale Garnet.
Kerstin H. -- "Angels Among Us"
Scout S. -- I made a whole playlist of get well songs, and the list included "Recovery Room" by the Jealous Sound, "Cancer for the Cure" by Eels, *two* songs called "Good Things" (one by Kathleen Edwards, one by Rival Schools), "I Guess I'm Healed" by Division of Laura Lee and "Kisses and Pills" by Creeper Lagoon.
Mike M. -- "The Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground:
"I'm steppin' tall, y'all, and just like Humpty Dumpty you're gonna fall when the stereos pump me. I like to rhyme, I like my beats funky, I'm spunky. I like my oatmeal lumpy."
Annika H. -- "Angels Among Us."
Mike D. -- How about a humorous novelty song like Ray Stevens' "The Streak" to cheer up this person? After all, those hospital gowns are pretty revealing.
Inger H. -- Josh Rouse's "Love Vibration." It's an upbeat, poppy, early 60s-like song that carries a groovier vibe than it would have carried back then, yet the "feel-good-lovefest" sentiment is all there."
Erik H. -- I know, I know... In all likelihood it is a song about making a drug connection. However, on the surface level, at least, The Fall's cover of "Mr. Pharmacist" does sound like an ill person asking his druggist for help:
"Mr. Pharmacist, can you help me out today, in your usual, lovely way?"

1 Comments:

Blogger scout. said...

Thanks for the ideas for more get well songs. I'll get to work on downloading them to add to my playlist. And Megan thanks you all as well. ~scout.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home