Friday, October 13, 2006

FQ pumps up the VOLUME

This week, ROUTE 1 turns up the vol....
Ahem! I said, THIS WEEK ROUTE 1 TURNS THE VOLUME UP BY ASKING THE FOLLOWING FRIDAY QUESTION:
WHAT SONG MADE YOU CRANK UP THE VOLUME THIS WEEK?
Dave B. -- "My Own Worst Enemy" by Lit.
Rick T. -- A song called "I Wonder Could I Live There Anymore" by Charlie Pride. The beat, the steel guitar, everything about the song makes you want to tap your toes!
Mike D. -- On Monday night I was returning from grocery shopping with my two young sons in the van. As I flipped through the radio stations, my 4-year-old said "this is a good song." So I proceeded to crank up the volume on "Whenever I Call You Friend" by Kenny Loggins and Stevie Nicks. It's far from being a head-banging tune, but we had a nice sing-along on the ride home.
Mike M. -- "American Music" by Violent Femmes.
Ellen B. -- Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back!"
Eileen M. -- Fort Minor's "Remember the Name."
Erik H. -- I was driving home one night under dark clouds after a largely frustrating day. I had scrolled to Saxon on the iPod and I heard the opening to the dramatic classic "747 (Strangers in the Night)" from the "Wheels of Steel" album.
As I attempted to sing along -- "There's a 747 going into the night, There's no power -- they don't know why, They've no fuel -- they've got to land soon, They can't land by the light of the moon" and "We were strangers in the night, Both on separate flights, Strangers in the night, Going nowhere" -- I realized that I had no idea what they were singing about. Was it a love song? Was it a disaster song? Why weren't Saxon singing about trains and motorcycles like they usually do?
I remedied this state of confusion in the only way I knew how... I CRANKED UP THE VOLUME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home