Sunday, October 08, 2006

Wyland, Orange Juice and... Gappa?

Internationally known marine-life artist Wyland (no first name necessary) visited Dubuque today. I covered his appearance at the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium for my newspaper employers, the Telegraph Herald.
Wyland led about three dozen children in a mural-painting project. It was great to see: An artist prompting kids to show their appreciation of nature through art.
I listened to the great Scottish band Orange Juice as I walked to my assignment and while driving around today.
The buoyant sounds of Edwyn Collins and the lads helped me celebrate Scotland's fabulous, 1-0 soccer victory over France in Euro 2008 qualifiers yesterday.
When I got home, I watched Haruyasu Noguchi's kaiju-eiga film "Daikyogu Gappa" on DVD. Nothing like relaxing to a 1967 Japanese monster movie, I always say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home