Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Forecast calls for "Bunnymen"

After three days of spectacularly unseasonable, warm weather, I was as surprised as anyone to wake up today to the norm -- OVERCAST, COLD and DAMP.
That type of weather always makes me want to hear Echo & The Bunnymen.
Liverpool's prime mopers provided an indelible soundtrack to my college days, whereupon an Arizona high school student suddenly found himself in the alien land of Iowa, where white flakes fell to the ground and a chill wind caused the breath to come out as fog.
Or something like that.
I never really could get the hang of winter, and so I would walk the tunnels connecting the college buildings wearing a massive BLACK COAT and listening to Echo & The Bunnymen, pretending to be cool. That tactic served as my most effective coping mechanism.
"I see you've got the blues, in your alligator shoes. Me, I'm all smiles -- I've got my crocodiles."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home