Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Turn up the volume as the temperatures dip

There's something about rain showers and snow flurries that make me crank up the volume.
I have dialed up Def Leppard and Saxon on the iPod today, and as the weather worsens, the guitars become louder.
I have a big soft spot for both these bands, as they hail from the same part of England as my favorite soccer team (I know, I know... but at least it's *SOME* kind of reasoning).
Def Leppard and Sheffield Wednesday share the same home town, while Saxon come from just down the road in Barnsley.
During the rush of the NEW WAVE OF BRITISH HEAVY METAL (NWOBHM), while Iron Maiden and the like were going on about demons and such, Def Leppard and Saxon were singing about motorcycles, trains and girls -- subject matter more to my liking.
Today, I'm taking a break from the usual soul and reggae tunes to rock a little harder. Perhaps in defiance of weather a full 40 degrees colder than last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home