Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sidewalk shoveling psychobilly

I don't know why I bothered shoveling the sidewalk this morning. The snow showed no signs of letting up, so by the time I had completed the front sidewalk and the back sidewalk, snow had completely covered the front sidewalk again.
Oh well.
I had fun, listening to the "Blow Your Top" EP by Tav Falco's Panther Burns.
The punk-rockabilly hybrid known as "psychobilly" produced a trio of top bands -- The Cramps, Reverend Horton Heat and Tav Falco's Panther Burns.
I think what I love most about these bands is the joy they obviously had in reinterpreting the earliest rock-n-roll for a modern audience.
Tav Falco also gains points in my book for coming from the original home of rock-n-roll, Memphis, Tenn.
I had so much fun listening to Tav Falco, I didn't mind that my shoveling meant nothing in the face of a relentless snowfall.