Friday, February 24, 2006

Stuck in the 70s with FRIDAY QUESTION

The Route 1 staff felt all nostalgic this week, so the FRIDAY QUESTION seeks an answer to this query: What song would you like being "stuck in the 70s" with? Big afro hairstyle optional, but encouraged.
Mike D. -- Although I was raised on the Bee Gees, I gonna have to go with something by KC and the Sunshine Band. "I'm Your Boogie Man," "Shake Your Booty" or "That's The Way (I Like It)" would help me get down and get funky!
Kerstin H. -- "“We are Family!"” Because it is fun!
Rick T. -- "Rain, Park and Other Things". Great song by the Cowsills
Diane H. -- I have a big soft spot for "Love will keep us together" by Captain and Tennille. My sister had it on vinyl and we listened to it a lot. And who doesn't love to sing along to that chorus? "I will, I will, I will, I willlllllll!"
Gary D. -- Not so much a song, but an album. Exile on Main Street, by the Rolling Stones. An awesome effort by the all-time Greatest Rock and Roll Band.
Ellen B. -- Any song by the Jackson 5.

Jill H. -- "“Dancing Queen"” by ABBA

Dave B. -- "“I Feel Love"” by Donna Summer.

Jim S. -- Not sure if I'd really like to be stuck with it, but the first one to come to my mind by the wording of the question was "Brick House," by the Commodores.

Lisa Y. -- Maybe "Knock Three Times on the Ceiling If You Want Me“." I can do the afro without a wig!!
Erik H. -- It was a little bit frightening, but they did it with expert timing -- of course it'’s "“Kung Fu Fighting"” by Carl Douglas. The other night I was watching some video clips from Britain'’s "“Top of the Pops"” show from 1974 and Douglas performed this song, which topped the charts on both sides of the Atlantic. That'’s quite an accomplishment --… in fact, I think it rates a "“HOOO-HAAAHH!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home