Monday, February 27, 2006

For goodness sake! I still have all my teeth!

My day actually began overnight, as I dreamt about this morning's trip to the dentist.
I don't usually dream about things that are going to happen to me the next day. Instead, I usually have dreams where I am sent to cover some event for the newspaper and the organizers don't believe the authenticity of my press pass and won't let me in.
Nope. This dream was different: I dreamt about today's trip to the dentist.
I dreamt that when I got to the dentist, three of my teeth fell out into my hands.
It shook me up sufficiently that I sat up in bed.
Thankfully, reality was much less traumatic. My dentist appointment included a thorough (and rather boring) cleaning, followed by the less-than-devastating news that three of my childhood fillings have fallen into disrepair and must be redone. (The dentist also said something about wisdom teeth needing to be surgically removed, but I remain in denial about that, and won't be mentioning it during this blog post.)
Indeed, the only thrills from this dentist appointment came from the songs I listened to as I drove there.
I created an early 1960s British rock playlist with the highlight being the ELECTRIFYING "Hippy Hippy Shake" by the Swinging Blue Jeans.
Some people might think the Swinging Blue Jeans simply rode The Beatles' coattails during the Merseybeat boom, and perhaps they did to a certain extent (who didn't?).
However, that perception cannot account for the sheer power of "Hippy Hippy Shake."
Ralph Ellis, Ray Ennis, Norman Kuhlke and Les Braid produced a song that would be a punk classic had it emerged 13 years later.
"Hippy Hippy Shake" stands tall among the 60s' classics. For goodness sake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home