Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Eh! Eh! Ehhhh!!!

I have been watching the first season of "Little Britain" on DVD this week and laughing my butt off.
The sketch comedy show starring David Walliams and Matt Lucas is hysterically brilliant, particularly later in the series.
Why later in the series?
That's when you get to know the recurring characters well enough to anticipate their antics (better than the characters playing opposite them).
I love Anne. She's the patient at Steven Spielberg Psychiatric Hospital in Little Bentcock who continually terrorizes the perpetually accommodating Dr. Lawrence. Until her cellular phone rings, at which point she answers quite calmly and normally in a man's voice.
"Eh! Eh! Ehhhh!"
"Little Britain" is renowned for its catch phrases. I am afraid I will be saying Anne's "Eh! Eh! Ehhhh!" catch phrase continually now, and only a scant number of people will know what I am on about.