Sunday, January 15, 2006

You'll lose your mind and play free games for May

In recognition of the hallucinatory aspects of moving ("Where did that box appear from? Why can't I move my arm? I am sloooowwwwwinnnnng dooooowwwwnnnn!"), I deposited my first load of things to the new house this morning while listening to some Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd.
First came "Arnold Layne," then the fabulous "See Emily Play" (my favorite Pink Floyd song, hands down) and finally "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" LP. By the time "Interstellar Overdrive" was rolling through its whacked-out nine minutes and 41 seconds, I was really feeling it. I didn't know who I was, where I was, or how we were ever going to get all of our daughters' clothes packed up and moved.
As a matter of fact, I am still not entirely convinced we will be able to accomplish that last bit -- the bit about all their clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home