Monday, January 16, 2006

What a noisy, wonderful racket!

We took a break from moving today and instead spent our day off browsing the furniture shops.
Now, with my head swimming full of images of "captain's beds" and computer armoires, I am taking a break (from taking a break?) by listening to some 1960s garage rock. Well, I have got to clear my head somehow.
I just finished hearing the marvelously pulverizing "Flash & Crash," the great 1966 single by Seattle legends Rocky & The Riddlers. According to some Internet sources, there were as many as nine members in the band. At least six of them must have been instructed to simply thrash about on their instruments until guitar strings and drum skins snapped from the intensity.
Rocky & The Riddlers, a man exhausted from moving salutes you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home