Sunday, September 11, 2005

I might have overdone this "soul" thing

Yeah... I probably did overdo my "soul" music playlist on the iPod. It might be a little... much... a little too much.
A steamy Sunday morning seems to be the perfect time to listen to my soul playlist... all SEVEN HOURS and 55 MINUTES worth. I am going to see how long I can listen. I am shooting for at least five of the seven-plus hours. Perhaps longer. I don't know. I suppose I need to watch some football at some point. Maybe I could listen to the football with the sound muted and the soul music blaring? There's an idea!
The problem with this gargantuan playlist is that I ABSOLUTELY ADORE all 135 songs.
Consider the top 12 tracks...
1. SAM & DAVE - "I Thank You," 2. RUFUS THOMAS - "Walkin' the Dog," 3. WILSON PICKETT - "In the Midnight Hour," 4. THE CONTOURS - "Just a Little Misunderstanding," 5. PHIL UPCHURCH COMBO - "Can't Sit Down (Parts 1 & 2)," 6. RODGER COLLINS - "Foxy Girls in Oakland," 7. BOOKER T. & THE MG'S - "Time is Tight," 8. ISAAC HAYES - "Theme from 'Shaft,'" 9. SAM COOKE - "Shake," 10. OTIS REDDING - "Respect," 11. ARETHA FRANKLIN - "Respect," and 12. EDDIE FLOYD - "Knock on Wood."
I'm telling you, there's not a weak track among the 135. Some may argue that some of the songs are "rhythm & blues" rather than "soul." I don't care. All this stuff oozes "SOUL," so it's soul music to me. Now... on to the hours and hours of music... aah yes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home