Tuesday, April 19, 2005

You need alt+148 to write about this band


"You win some, lose some, all the same to me..."
I cut myself shaving this morning.
The wound was a real classic, with blood trickling down my face. Shocking. Even more shocking? The cut is up on my cheekbone... why was I even attempting to shave up there?
This random (and wholly unintentional) act of self-violence somehow got me in the mood to listen to some Motörhead.
I grabbed my "best-of" Motörhead CD as the girls and I left for their school.
They actually welcomed hearing the searing first track -- the seminal "Ace of Spades." The girls are always lobbying me for more hard rock in the car stereo.
With its "just can't give a toss" attitude, "Ace of Spades" seems perfectly nihilistic, especially on a day when you cut yourself shaving.
I have to do a fair amount of driving today, so be sure to look out for me. I will be the disfigured fellow headbanging to "The Chase is Better Than The Catch."
Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger Reverend Frost said...

I know I know it's totally different from what I post everyday but.....I LOVE MOTORHEAD !!!
(and please be careful when you shave)

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home