Friday, April 15, 2005

TGI... Friday Question!

Sunny... 70 degrees... what a wonderful time to ask this Friday Question: Which of your favorite songs do you associate with warm weather?
Here's what you said:
Jill H. -- "Step On" by Happy Mondays -- "It reminds me of driving to the beach in California."
Madelin F. -- "Boys of Summer" by Don Henley -- "He's talking about a girl wearing her Wayfarers and the wind is in her hair. It takes me back to high school."
Dave B. -- "Raspberry Beret" by Prince -- "Senior year in high school... Swiss Valley county park... high school girlfriend at the time... no need to say more."
Matt K. -- "I Feel it Again" by Celestial Festival -- "That was the name of the band in 1991 when we spent the summer recording a 12-track album and drinking lots of beer and Jack Daniels."
Barb R. -- "Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett -- "It makes me think of fun in the sun down in Key West... Margaritas on the beach, parrots and parties."
Emily S. -- "Summertime" by Sublime -- "If I did drugs, I would do drugs to that song... but I don't."
Kerstin H. -- "So Far Away" by Root 'n' Jenny Jackson -- "It's my favorite reggae song."
Mark H. -- "Scarlet Begonias" by Grateful Dead -- "The lyrics paint this picture of this super hot babe with flowers in her hair."
Mary Rae B. -- "Appalachian Spring" by Aaron Copland -- "Not necessarily because 'spring' is in the title, but because of the mental picture of an awakening land created by the composer."
Diane H. -- "Hooch" by Everything -- "When I lived in Ames my friend Carrie and I would ride around with the windows rolled down and sing this one as we drove after work to Cafe Lovish, a bar that served pitchers of the best homemade sangria on their outdoor patio. When I hear the song now, I can almost taste the sangria."
Steve M. -- "Centerfield" by John Fogerty -- "I love baseball and this time of the year it's baseball, baseball, baseball!"
Rick T. -- "On a Highway Headin' South Somewhere to Dixie" by Porter Wagoner -- "It takes me back to when I lived in Tallahassee, Fla., spending the weekends on the beach in Panama City."
Craig R. -- "Summer in the City" by The Lovin' Spoonful -- "Growing up in Sioux City, Iowa, it was hotter than hell. (This song) was just part of summer."
Amy G. -- "Vacation" by The Go-Go's -- "That's summer to me."
Sandye V. -- "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles -- "I remember us in college playing this song over and over again with the snow melting."
Jim S. -- "Every Breath You Take" by The Police -- "That came out in the summer when I was in Idaho and Idaho is such a beautiful place to be in summertime."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home