Saturday, April 09, 2005

The year's TOP PARTY ALBUM


I know, I know... it is only April. Still, this is THE party album of the year.
LCD Soundsystem leader James Murphy mixes rock sensibilities with danceable beats as well as anybody. That's not what makes his self-titled debut the top party album of the year. Nope... it's his sense of humor. Album opener "Daft Punk is Playing at My House" sets the tone: You can't help but dance and laugh out loud along to this tune about the French techno masters setting up their PAs in Murphy's basement.
As you will surely learn, I absolutely adore The Fall. On the track "Movement," Murphy pays homage to the Manchester greats, coming at the listener like something from "Hex Enduction Hour" while ranting like Mark E. Smith himself.
Do my references make any sense?
Don't worry if they don't. This music makes you dance. That's all that really matters.
So... how do I know this is the party album of the year? Even though it is only April?
Easy.
This album comes with a bonus disc containing Murphy's previous singles, including "Losing My Edge," the classic, side-splittingly funny ode to all those hipsters out there who think they are waaaay better than any other music fans.
In short... it's our anthem!

Posted by Hello