Friday, April 01, 2005

The Boss, 'NSync, even The Beatles

Welcome to Friday and today's Friday Question feature!
We asked music fans to name their best-ever concert experience. Here are some of the greatest gigs of all time...
Angie A. -- 'NSync at The Mark of the Quad Cities, Moline, Ill. in May 1999. "I got to go backstage to see them. I also got to stand up and ask a question, as well as stand right in front of them as I got their autographs.

Ken B. -- Bruce Springsteen in Milwaukee, during Ken's freshman year in college. "It was awesome. I wasn't even a big fan before this."
Mary P. -- The Beatles at Red Rocks, Colo., 1964. "I was young and impressionable and it was my first concert."
Clayton P. -- Ziggy Marley at Hancher Auditorium
Jim S. -- Barenaked Ladies in Madison, Wis., 2004. "I went with my two sons and the band was so much fun."
Gary D. -- The Rolling Stones at the UNI Dome, Cedar Falls, Iowa, 1981. "We were so close to the stage. We could see the fingers changing for each chord."
Matt K. -- Bob Dylan in Dubuque, Iowa, 1996. "There were dozens (of audience members) who were allowed to go on stage. It was crazy."

Ben P. -- Foo Fighters in Minneapolis, approximately 1997. "They just rocked. We were jumping around and having a great time."
Diane H. -- U2 at Cyclone Stadium, Ames, Iowa, 1992. "It was my first, and remains my only, stadium concert, and the sheer spectacle of it was fabulous. The guitar intro to 'Where the Streets Have No Name' gave me goose bumps."

Mark H. -- Grateful Dead in Cedar Rapids, Iowa in the late 1980s. "It was just such an intimate show."
Dave B. -- The Replacements in Cedar Rapids, Iowa in 1988. "Absolutely."
Rick T. -- The Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. "It was the third-to-last show at the old Ryman before it moved to Opryland. Marty Robbins was there that night.
Mike D. -- White Lion and Stryper at the Riverside Theater, Milwaukee, Oct. 29, 1988. "In the heyday of big hair and heavy metal, my bandmates and I attended a White Lion/Stryper concert. Our front balcony seats in the renovated 1927 theater gave us a bird's-eye view of what would turn out to be a great show. Being the final date of a tour, the hijinks were in full swing during the show. Members of Stryper came out on stage during White Lion's performance and sat down and ate sandwiches. Later, members of White Lion retaliated by shutting off the prerecorded backing vocals during a Stryper song."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home