Thursday, June 13, 2013

Au moins, je peux écouter de la musique de France

Today I'm listening to "OUR MAN IN PARIS" in honor of our daughter in Paris, KERSTIN.
She begins her first full day in FRANCE today, part of a lengthy French Club trip. Those of us left behind can only travel to "LHEXAGONE" vicariously -- eating Brie on French bread, sipping Cabernet Sauvignon (even if it's from California) and listening to French jazz.
"Our Man in Paris" is a 1963 jazz album by tenor saxophone legend DEXTER GORDON.
Gordon made it while he was living in Copenhagen, but it features expatriates Bud Powell (piano) and Kenny Clarke (drums), who both lived in Paris, along with Parisian bass player Pierre Michelot.
It's a wonderful album, featuring standards such as "A Night in Tunisia" and "Willow Weep for Me."
If I listen to it and close my eyes, I can almost envision myself strolling along the Champs-Élysées.
Almost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home