Friday, May 03, 2013

What's your favorite sound of spring?

Don't let the occasional snow flake fool you. It's SPRING!
This week, ROUTE 1 readers mark the season by answering the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What is your favorite sound of spring?"
ANNIKA H. -- When the teachers say there is only one more month of school.
JOHN S. -- My bike.
SANDYE V. -- The cardinals singing. They are with us all winter, but in the spring, their song is magical. And at night, the frogs or tree toads.
JIM S. -- The bubbling brooks/streams that you so often can hear as you jog or ride a bike along Heritage Trail. (Of course, I have to temporarily turn off my iPod to hear them!)
KERI M. -- The opening riff of Smash Mouth's "Walkin' on the Sun." Patio music.
BRIAN M. -- As much as they grate on you later on in the summer, the sound of a lawnmower running, along with the "clink" of garden tools.
KERSTIN H. -- My favorite sound of spring is rain. It's quiet and peaceful and it means the beginning of new life.
LISA Y. -- My favorite sound is my kids and their friends running around playing and having fun!
STEVE M. -- With the windows open, hearing the distinctive chatter of the cardinals.  They stick around all year, but they really only start to make noise in the Spring.
RICK T. -- Here in Florida it's spring all year round. But,to answer your question, the birds singing in the trees.
ERIK H. -- My favorite sound of spring is "Happy Birthday," which I heard today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home