Monday, April 22, 2013

R.I.P. Chrissy Amphlett. You were great

It's a sad day for rock fans. CHRISSY AMPHLETT has died.
The lead singer of the Australian band the DIVINYLS was 53 and had struggled with breast cancer.
It's a shame most Americans only know the Divinyls for "I Touch Myself." The band released a clutch of great songs that scored big Down Under, such as "Boys in Town," "Science Fiction," "Pleasure and Pain" and "I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore."
Her musical partner, guitarist MARK McENTEE, played guitar and endured a volatile relationship with Amphlett, who married Divinyls drummer CHARLEY DRAYTON.
Divinyls broke up in 1997 but had reformed in 2006. Their reunion was cut short as Amphlett's condition worsened.
I'm spending the morning listening to the band and honoring a great rock singer, now gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home