Thursday, May 02, 2013

Reconnecting with "The Hurting"

One of the consequences of my daughters falling in love with '80s music is that I occasionally return to an artist or an album I haven't heard in years.
"THE HURTING" by TEARS FOR FEARS fits that bill today.
I had the Bath, England duo's on cassette back in the day, and would either sing along to "Change" in the car or dance around to "Suffer The Children" in the kitchen.
Like a lot of those cassettes from those days, I eventually wore out "The Hurting." I just listened to the album a little too much.
I was musical snob enough to begin losing interest in Curt Smith's and Roland Orzabal's musical endeavor after the pair struck it really big with "Everybody Wants to Rule The World" and "Shout" from "SONGS FROM THE BIG CHAIR" (although I will always love "Head Over Heels").
When the girls play the songs today, I am transported back to high school and the early days of college.
My, that was a long time ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home