Friday, April 26, 2013

Crankin' up the George Jones. 50 years at the top. R.I.P.

"If I don't love you grits ain't groceries and that's on every poor man's plate."
I'm cranking up the volume on the classics, sipping a whiskey and toasting the late and definitely great GEORGE JONES.
"Well, I don't want to sound like I'm demandin' I just wanta get a little understanding. If I don't love you grits ain't groceries and that's on every poor man's plate."
One of American music's greatest singers, Jones died today age 81.
His classic tunes spanned rockin' honky tonk numbers like "Why Baby Why" to heartfelt duets with one-time wife TAMMY WYNETTE.
Here's a tally that blows my mind: Jones scored No. 1 hits in five decades. Fifty years at the top of his profession?
That's unheard of. That's George Jones.
There are legends, and then there is George Jones.