Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Gerry Anderson remembered

I watched "THUNDERBIRDS" tonight in remembrance of the television visionary GERRY ANDERSON, who has died age 83.
I would be remiss if I let the day pass without writing about the British puppeteer and television producer, director and writer who did so much to further SCIENCE FICTION.
I wasn't allowed to watch "Thunderbirds" as a kid, but as my adolescence progressed I became an avid viewer of two of Anderson's live-action series, "UFO" and "SPACE: 1999."
The shows left a lasting impression on me, entertaining me while furthering the boundaries of my own imagination.
I know I'm not alone, too.
My TWITTER feed was filled today with reminiscing fans of Anderson's work.
I can watch "Thunderbirds" whenever I wish in this age of DVDs and me being an adult.
I don't blame my mom for delaying my introduction to "Thunderbirds" -- it just made the viewings these days that much sweeter.
Thanks, Gerry Anderson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home