Friday, October 05, 2012

Our favorite cities to visit

Next week, this OAKLAND, CALIF.-born, occasional CHICAGO visitor travels to BALTIMORE.
But enough about destination travel to America's MURDER CAPITALS, let's hear where ROUTE 1 readers like to go by revealing the answers to the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What is your favorite city to visit?"
MIKE D. -- This past weekend, it was Guttenberg, Iowa.
KERI M. -- I haven't really travelled a lot so I will say coming back to my town from the lake.
JIM S. -- As usual, I can't limit it to one. So here's my Top 5: San Diego, Boston, Seattle, Miami and Indianapolis.
KERSTIN H. -- San Francisco because it has so much to offer and it seems to be the city that best fits me.
JOHN S. -- Boston.
RICK T. -- Oh so many! I love California so there's two places, Truckee (Donner Pass) and beautiful San Francisco.
INGER H. -- London, without a doubt. There never ceases to be new interesting places to see and things to discover. It's also very easy to visit, the public transportation is easy and there are a lot of free museums and places to get cheap eats. And of course there is the old saying: When a man is tired of London he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
BRIAN M. -- I'm kind of limited, but yet, I'm torn. Seattle is much more familiar to me, but it never feels old to. Rising up from the BART terminal in downtown San Francisco, you immediately feel its electricity. 
ERIK H. -- Going to San Francisco always seems more like returning to my roots than visiting, so I'll say London. I've been an insufferable anglophile all my life, so London is the only place where I really fit in.