Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Zoolander" makes me feel like I'm taking laughing pills

"Who cares about Derek Zoolander anyway? The man has only one look, for Christ's sake! Blue Steel? Ferrari? Le Tigra? They're the same face! Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"
Whenever I watch "ZOOLANDER" I feel like I'm taking LAUGHING pills.
BEN STILLER'S 2001 film follows the adventures of a dim-witted male model who is brainwashed to kill the prime minister of Malaysia.
The plot is secondary to the characters, who are all memorable:
Stiller plays the title role, a model who wonders if there is more to life than "being really, really, ridiculously good looking."
Will Ferrell plays the evil mastermind behind the assassination plot.
Owen Wilson plays Hansel, Zoolander's principal rival.
Christine Taylor (Sally Sitwell in my beloved "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT") plays it straight -- somebody had to -- as a journalist unraveling the assassination scheme.
The film boasts so many funny lines it's difficult to keep track, so I don't. I just watch and laugh and laugh.
"How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read... if they can't even fit inside the building?"
"If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home