Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Shivering along to Supertramp

I'm having blood drawn for a story today, so I'm fasting on a cold morning, sneaking thirsty glances at the brewed coffee in the pot.
Not an ideal situation, surely, but at least I am reminiscing about my younger days while listening to some SUPERTRAMP.
I always eyed the English band with suspicion as a child -- long-haired beardies is what they seemed -- but the music always seemed to be playing somewhere in the background.
"Dreamer," "Bloody Well Right," "Give a Little Bit," "The Logical Song," "Breakfast in America," Goodbye Stranger" "Take the Long Way Home" and "It's Raining Again" were among the catchy hits -- I still have the latter on 45 somewhere around here.
So, although I am shivering on a cold morning (28 degrees outside) with no coffee, I can at least smile about the music.
Through chattering teeth, of course.