Thursday, November 03, 2011

Music that triggers a rare (these days) smile

It's been a rough several days, with a death and an injury in the family.
JILL'S prognosis for her broken foot seems daunting: At least a month with no weight bearing on the foot. My role changes, as I run nearly all of the errands now.
As usual, music is helping to salve.
I have been listening to "THE BOOTLEG SERIES VOL. 6: BOB DYLAN LIVE 1964, CONCERT AT PHILHARMONIC HALL."
It's a fascinating record, enjoyable and enlightening: We hear Dylan beginning the transition from acoustic folk singer to something more, a poet-artist armed with seemingly baffling lyrics. He'd turn electric within the next two years.
Having listened to MILES DAVIS all last week, it makes a certain sense that I would turn this week to an artist similarly noted for an almost constant reinvention.
I guess I'm drawn to their creativity.
One of the album's highlights, for me, is Dylan's rendition of "I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)."
Last night, the song made me smile. Not much else has triggered a smile the past several days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home