Monday, October 10, 2011

From 8-track to iTunes

I can remember owning three or so 8-TRACK tapes when I was a kid (there were probably more, but I only remember three).
Don't bother looking for a pattern, they were a rather random trio:
I had "PRESENCE" by LED ZEPPELIN, something by KISS (probably "LOVE GUN," but it could have been "ROCK AND ROLL OVER") and "FRENCH KISS" by BOB WELCH.
Of the latter, some of you might be thinking: The Dodgers and A's pitcher made a record?
A select few are correctly remembering: Oh yeah, that guitarist from FLEETWOOD MAC before Nicks and Buckingham made them famous.
I renewed my acquaintance with Welch's 1977 album, "French Kiss," thanks to a recent iTunes purchase.
"Sentimental Lady," "Hot Love, Cold World" and "Ebony Eyes" were hit singles from "French Kiss."
My reunion with the album -- after decades -- revealed some other gems as well.
"Mystery Train," "Easy to Fall" and "Carolene" are a few more great songs from "French Kiss."
Listening this weekend, I could barely remember enjoying the album on 8-track. It was one of the select few albums I enjoyed until high school and ALTERNATIVE ROCK swept all else aside, at least for a little while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home