Sunday, October 02, 2011

Manly rides to glory thanks to "Greatest Show on Earth"

A sign in the ANZ Stadium crowd today read:
"Stewart Bros. Circus: The Greatest Show on Earth."
The sign proved prescient in today's 2011 NRL GRAND FINAL, as siblings BRETT AND GLENN STEWART became the first set of brothers to score tries in an Australian rugby league decider, powering the MANLY-WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES to a 24-10 victory over the NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS.
Watching the game on TV capped a season in which I followed Aussie rugby league like never before. I listened to online radio coverage of matches every weekend, and even recorded a radio spot that was broadcast on TRIPLE M'S MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL pregame show.
I was happy Manly won today. My sister INGER and I enjoyed ourselves immensely during our visit to the seaside suburb last year.
I cheered for New Zealand, too. The Warriors have two of the most exciting players I followed this season in Krisnan Inu and Shaun Johnson. Johnson and Manly's Daly Cherry-Evans today became the first rookie halfbacks to oppose each other in a Grand Final in 64 years.
Today's match was memorable, and I am so thankful I was able to see it on TV.
I really look forward to the beginning of next season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home