Monday, September 26, 2011

Solitary sounds for the early morning

There weren't many other vehicles on the roads this morning.
There were garbage trucks, a few empty school buses beginning their rounds. I guessed some of the cars on the otherwise deserted streets must have contained early morning workers heading to their shifts at manufacturing plants.
I wondered how many of the few cars I encountered contained people like me, fathers driving home after their daughters drove to a driver's education class at a high school. It must have been at least a couple.
OK, then, how many of that small group were listening to a FREDDIE HUBBARD trumpet solo?
That probably limited the field to just one -- me.
I heard Hubbard on "Idle While," a JOE CHAMBERS song on the 1965 BOBBY HUTCHERSON album "DIALOGUE."
The sound was perfect for driving on this morning's lonely streets, when I felt solitary because of my task and my choice of music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home