Saturday, April 09, 2011

Morning with Ready Steady Who

THE WHO were my first musical love, and the first book I raised my own money to purchase was a history/lyrics tome devoted to the band.
I recently began reading a history of the band produced by the makers of UNCUT magazine, and this morning I listened to a playlist based on the band's "READY STEADY WHO" EP from 1966.

The EP opens with a pair of Pete Townshend originals -- "Disguises" and "Circles" -- before closing with a trio of contemporary covers.

There's Neal Hefti's "BATMAN" theme, followed by the Jan and Dean song "Bucket T" and the Regents' "Barbara Ann" -- made more famous by the BEACH BOYS.

It's an odd little collection of songs, but one that has helped wake me from a groggy state.

I need to wake up, I work today!

I'll read more of The Who history when I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home