Sunday, April 03, 2011

A preview of the summer

I slept 11 hours last night, so I am no longer on "MUMBAI time."
I had gotten out of bed at a quarter to four yesterday morning so I could watch the CRICKET WORLD CUP FINAL on television. The hosts, INDIA, won the memorable contest over SRI LANKA.

The cricket provided a hint of the summer to come.

ENGLAND will host both finalists for Test series this summer.

Sri Lanka play Test matches May 26-30 in Cardiff (which really isn't in England, but whatever) and June 3-7 at LORD'S (which I have toured).

India come to England later, for Tests on July 21-25 at Lord's, July 29-Aug. 2 at Trent Bridge, Nottingham, and Aug. 10-14 at Edgbaston, Birmingham.

I can't wait: I can listen to cricket on the radio!

Thank goodness the time difference is only six hours to England!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home