Saturday, April 02, 2011

Early morning cricket on TV

I woke up at a quarter to four today so I could spend my morning with Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, Mahela Jayawardene and Lasith Malinga, among others. I used a variety of links to watch the CRICKET WORLD CUP FINAL live on Indian television. Dhoni provided a man-of-the-match performance, scoring 91 runs not out to help INDIA (277-4) to a six-wicket victory over SRI LANKA (274-6). I watched the entire match. Sri Lanka won the toss and batted, with Jayawardene scoring a sublime 103 not out. India were given a run chase of 275, and the task looked like it might be beyond them when Virender Sehwag and Sachin Tendulkar fell early and the hosts were 31-2. Enter Gautam Gambhir (97 runs) and Dhoni, whose run-scoring helped overcome Malinga and the other fearsome Sri Lankan bowlers. The television commercials were fun, too. INDIAN TV COMMERCIALS feature cricketers and Bollywood stars hawking cellphones, cooking oil, soda pop and banking services. I am glad I sacrificed a few hours of sleep to watch cricket. Today's spectacle was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home