Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"What's Up, Tiger Lily" delivers as usual

I needed a few laughs after a rather stressful day, and last night, "WHAT'S UP, TIGER LILY" delivered as usual.
The first film directed by WOODY ALLEN, this 1966 movie features a unique approach to comedy. Allen took a Japanese B-movie, "Kokusai Himitsu Keisatsu: Kagi No Kagi (International Secret Police: Key of Keys)" and completely overdubbed it with new voices.
The result is a madcap tale of secret agents attempting to capture an elusive egg salad recipe.
Japanese action star Tatsuya Mihasi finds himself overdubbed to become "PHIL MOSCOWITZ, LOVABLE ROGUE," and the beautiful Akiko Wakabayashi becomes "Suki Yaki," who escapes from a women's prison to work alongside Phil.

Allen provides them with the following banter:

Suki Yaki: I managed to find this dress in there, but not a stitch of underwear.
Phil Moscowitz: No underwear? I find that very interesting.
Suki Yaki: Don't excite yourself. I never sleep with a man who owns a dress.
Phil Moscowitz: Oh, neither do I. I feel exactly the same way.
It's all mindlessly hysterical fun. That was the exact recipe I needed last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home