Friday, October 22, 2010

Mottos in song

ROUTE 1 is feeling the effects of a pair of emotionally taxing sporting events today, following last night's baseball playoff loss by the SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS paired with the euphoria of seeing MY BELOVED OREGON DUCKS demonstrate their college football prowess before a national television audience.
We seek words of wisdom to help us make sense of our (admittedly limited) world, and readers coast-to-coast have assisted by answering the following FRIDAY QUESTION:

"What song title could serve as a life motto?"

MIKE D. -- Being a creative type, how about John Lennon's "Imagine?" Whether your goal is a piece of art or world peace, it all starts with a vision.

RICK T. -- "It's Such a Pretty World Today" by Wynn Stewart.

BEKAH P. -- Easily the best answer you're going to receive is mine -- "I Will Survive."

ROSEANNE H. -- "Over the Rainbow."

SASKIA M. -- "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba.

LAURA C. -- "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

STEVE M. -- "Send in the Clowns."

JIM S. -- Boy, this depends on where I am in life. At times, it's been "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," by U2 or "Someday Never Comes," by Credence Clearwater Revival. At other times, "Oh Happy Day," by the Edwin Hawkins Singers or "I Gotta Feeling," by the Black Eyed Peas. But I guess my life motto song is an obscure one by Bread called "He's a Good Lad."

SANDYE V. -- Assuming you mean my life motto, I've gotta go with an old-time hymn, "I Love to Tell the Story." It works for me on a lot of levels because most of what I do in life is about stories, telling them in print and puppetry, sometimes even The Story.
ERIK H. -- Jimmy Cliff's "You Can Get it if You Really Want," the lead track from "The Harder They Come," suggests the positive aspects of never quitting. Here that, Giants?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home