Friday, May 07, 2010

Mother's Day Friday Question

MOTHER'S DAY isn't only about purchasing cards and flowers. It's about remembering the role mothers play in our lives.
ROUTE 1 readers recall their mums' words (or actions) by answering the following FRIDAY QUESTION:

"What is the best piece of advice your mother ever gave you?"

RICK T. -- Don't steal or lie.

BEKAH P. -- The one piece of advice my mother gave to me growing up was to never go to bed angry. She said that was the key to her and my father's long, successful marriage. Now that I am newly married, I am putting it to practice -- to some success.

SASKIA M. -- Don't depend on others -- live as self-sufficient as possible.

JIM S. -- My mom married young and had four children by the time she was 21. Her world from that point on - in that era, especially - was in her hometown, raising kids and working odd jobs. She told me when I was a teenager to make sure I didn't follow in her footsteps, but rather move on and see some of the world before settling down. I'll always thank her for that advice.

ANNIKA H. -- Don't pick your nose in public.

SANDYE V. -- My mom didn't give advice. She taught by example. And that would be: say your prayers, sing a lot, drink a little, work hard and enjoy your friends.

KERI M. -- I admire who you are and how you deal with things. Never change that.

JEFF T. -- Call your mother at least once a week!

ERIK H. -- My mom taught us to work hard and believe in ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home