Saturday, May 30, 2009

Chelsea simply too good for Everton

EVERTON scored early, but CHELSEA scored once more often to win THE 128TH FA CUP FINAL, 2-1, at WEMBLEY today.
I watched the match live on Fox Soccer Channel.
I had only just settled in when Louis Saha opened the scoring after 25 seconds -- that was the fastest goal in modern FA Cup history, bettering the record of 30 seconds set in 1895 by Bob Chatt of Aston Villa.
Saha's goal was not enough to hold back Chelsea, however, as the better team deservedly won.
Didier Drogba equalised in the 21st minute and Frank Lampard scored the winner in the 72nd.
Chelsea always looked like the better team.
Sometimes, you feel sadness at the completion of a good book. As a reader, you must bid goodbye to characters you have come to know.
I feel that way at the conclusion of the ENGLISH FOOTBALL SEASON.
I'm sad I must wait for the sport to resume in August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home