Saturday, February 14, 2009

Squeezing out the symptoms

I had forgotten how a COLD can linger.
I can't quite shed the symptoms, but I have tried to make the best of a bad situation.
My sister INGER is visiting from SAN FRANCISCO, and we have had fun showing her the neighborhood.
A classic album has provided some of the soundtrack to our travels.
Rolling Stone magazine described GRAHAM PARKER as "an angry young crank in the mode of Elvis Costello and Joe Jackson."
His 1979 album "SQUEEZING OUT SPARKS" is a real gem, though.
It infuses the singer-songwriter tradition with the bristling energy of UK punk, and actually charted not only in his native land (No. 18) but here as well (No. 40).
"Passion is no Ordinary Word" is a song that helped me emerge from the sniffles this morning.
"Passion is no ordinary word," Parker sings, "not just another sound that you hear at night."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home