Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The few, the proud, the FALL fans on FACEBOOK

I have been dabbling on FACEBOOK, slowly updating my profile to reflect musical and cinematic tastes.
I know some of my favorites are going to reside somewhat outside the mainstream -- I would rather listen to DEL THA FUNKEE HOMOSAPIEN than FLO RIDA, for example.
Still, I was disappointed and surprised that there was no collection of Facebook members devoted to MARK E. SMITH and THE FALL.
Bands The Fall helped spawn, such as Pavement and Sonic Youth, boast a Facebook presence, with fans pledging their allegiance by clicking "Become a Fan."
There was nothing for "the Northern white crap that talks back."
So, I started pounding a few keys on the laptop and created a page for The Fall myself.
I even joined up as the band's first "fan" on Facebook.
That was Saturday. I left it at that, without promoting the page at all (frankly, I am not really sure how to promote the page).
Imagine my delight, then, to find four other Fall fans joining the page in the subsequent few days!
There is some fellow from Chicago (relatively nearby), a bloke from Sweden (hooray!) some guy with the last name "Sæbø" (must be Danish? Norwegian?) and a guy from Seattle.
Not exactly a groundswell, but proof that at least a few people were waiting for someone like me to come along and celebrate The Fall.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ned Merrill said...

Nice work, Erik. Frankly, I'm surprised Mark E. didn't beat you to the punch!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home