Friday, June 06, 2008

What did you purchase?

We don't know about where you are, but here at ROUTE 1 World H.Q., it is a GLOOMY, RAINY Friday morning -- absolutely perfect for staying inside and listening to music!
Too bad we have to go to work.
Oh well. We can at least think about music, as readers answer the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What was the last album (or song) that you bought?"
BRIAN M. -- The last CD I bought was the new Counting Crows CD, "Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings." I've listened to it in its entirety once, and I need to a couple more times to let it sink in a little.
The last song I bought on iTunes was a song called "We Fall Down" by Bob Carlisle from 1998. Carlisle is much more known at-large for his "Butterfly Kisses" song from a year earlier, but came out with this song about... grace... and mercy. I admit it: The song is six minutes long and bloated with big orchestral flourish, but it revolves around a simple story and Carlisle emotes like no one else in gospel music.
RICK T. -- "Country Top Hits of the 50s-60s-70s-80s." Loads of good country music in six CDs.
MARY N-P. -- "Buffy Saint Marie's 1964 "It's My Way" -- to replace the dog-eared vinyl album I had. I listened to it hundreds of times in my high school/college years and it still transports me back to those wonderfully free, exciting years.
KERSTIN H. -- "Don't Matter" by Akon.
MIKE M. -- I recently downloaded Don McLean's song "American Pie" from Amazon.com for 89 cents so my toddlers Owen and RJ could sing "Bye, bye! Bye, bye!" while toolin' around town in the car.
ERIK H. -- I recently purchased "Nice Up the Dance: Studio One Discomixes" from iTunes. It chronicles the late 1970s Jamaican trend of remixing classic early reggae hits from the late 1960s. The resulting concoctions are extended songs with interesting dub interludes. It sounds perfectly suited to sweltering summer days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home